some tips?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dtonk

AC Members
Dec 28, 2010
Akron
Real Name
Dustin
Alright I have a 40G tank with 2 tinfoil barbs, 2 gourami, and 3 american flag fish, with white sand substrate and plenty decor. I was wondering what fish I should get next that would look nice in the tank (bright colors) Im not worried about adding another few fish because the two tinfoil barbs will be leaving in a few months (once they begin to outgrow my tank) Oh, and my american flag fish are mating i think, their is a male and 2 fem. the male is gathering waste from the tank and putting it all on a peice of driftwood. any ideas or tips w that? :cool2:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Lose the Tinfoils now and let the Flagfish spawn and rear a brood of young. Way more interesting than watching a Tinfoil go back and forth, back and forth.

Dtonk

AC Members
Dec 28, 2010
Akron
Real Name
Dustin
should i remove both american flag females and leave the male once the eggs are laid?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
In a tank of that size I doubt there would be a problem keeping the females in after spawning, but if you have another tank for them so much the better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store