Some updated pics of my Spiny Tailed Monitors

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
All Aussie reptile species are expensive for the most part, minus the normal Bearded Dragons. And Red Ackies are more expensive than Yellows.

If you think those monitors are expensive, check out my dream species that I want to keep someday. These guys are hardly ever under $500 a piece.
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=813701

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
oo nice, personally right now i want to get into some leaf tail gecko species but haven't seen them for a decent cost (would prefer CB) locally, but i will say thay are cheaper than Leachianus usually

btw found this add on my local craigslist not sure what species of akies he has but might be worth shooting him an email.
http://allentown.craigslist.org/pet/2015369115.html

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Madagascar species are going to be banned from being exported just like Aussie animals in the next few years. Their prices are going to skyrocket so I would advice getting a hold of some now while you can. Not too many people breed the leaf tails but it's not impossible to do so.

Thanks for that link. I just emailed the seller.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
yup probably will get a pair of satanic in the next year or so just don't have the money or space for them right now lol. hopefully by the time thay ban the exportation of them there will be more people breeding of them thay really are a fascinating.

no problem about the link figure it might be good i also emailed him out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I just got a response back. He's selling a 1.3 group of Yellows for $600 and doesn't want to split them up. :(

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh how many in the group???

Wow that has to be one of the most awesome monitors ive seen. Never knew there was green ones. How big do those suckers get??? That doesnt seem like a bad price for a pair. Hmmmm I need a house with like 2 spare rooms lol.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Oh how many in the group???

Wow that has to be one of the most awesome monitors ive seen. Never knew there was green ones. How big do those suckers get??? That doesnt seem like a bad price for a pair. Hmmmm I need a house with like 2 spare rooms lol.

1.3 means 1 male and 3 females. It's not a bad price and that comes with a 100 gallon aquarium. But I can't afford to keep that many right now.

Green Tree Monitors get about 3 feet long but 2/3 of that is tail. And yes, they're basically the only green monitor species. I've always wanted this species since I was a kid. Someday.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store