Something is wrong with my cory

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Can you give us the latest readings of your parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, temp.

Do you use test strips or liquid test kit? How often do you do water changes and how much volumn?

Can you get a pic of him for us to look at?

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Can you give us the latest readings of your parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, temp.

Do you use test strips or liquid test kit? How often do you do water changes and how much volumn?

Can you get a pic of him for us to look at?
My pH is 7.0. My temp is 78. My nitrites and ammonia are coming back in the safe range, which I guess is close to zero. On my API Master Test kit (liquid), it gives you a color scale and mine are showing the lowest read for toxic readings. I don't have a nitrate test kit but I'm working on getting one. There's none local for some reason.

I do water changes about once a week, changing about 75% of the water out. I don't think it's water quality issues because all my other fish are doing fine, including others of the same species.

I couldn't get a good picture of him to save my life. I'm not blessed with photography skills. I just got home and I'm going to my room right now to check on him.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
He's still alive! He was swimming upside down in rapid bursts but... he's still alive. The closest thing I've come to is septicemia but he doesn't have red streaks.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
You really want to have no detectable ammonia or nitrites in your tank, though.
I would dose the tank with Prime, to detoxify any ammonia or nitrites, and do water changes as needed to keep the ammonia and nitrite at 0

Any ammonia and/or nitrites cause stress and can affect your occupants, some are more sensitive than others. I've seen it here on this forum many many times: clean water, clean water, clean water. Fish have remarkable recuperative powers if the water conditions are pristine.

I don't know what his problem is, but I hope he pulls through this. Hang in there. I hope your little guy gets better.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Thanks but my ammonia and nitrite is 0. I looked at the test pamphlet. I also always use Prime.

He's still alive. I just thought about how I'm going to get him to eat but I guess he'll do that when he feels better. I just hope he starts to feel better before he starts starving. I know they can go a while without food.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
It's not. I tested the water parameters in my main tank and the hospital one. I set up my small hospital tank with half the water being from his home aquarium.

Did I understand mini cycle correctly?

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Is he just staying about the same, no better but no worse? Any red marks on him anywhere?

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
He's getting better! He was right side up on his stomach. And he wasn't swaying. And it didn't look like he was having trouble staying in the correct position either! Also, the red in his gills has gone! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Keep his water clean, clean, clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store