Something Odd....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

5TankHarmony

Trichogaster Trichopterus
Sep 6, 2006
This isn't really a problem... but something odd a noticed. A few weeks ago, I bought six Bloodfin tetras for one of my ten g's that I've recently "remodeled". Once they got settled in, they all were displaying very bright red fins, as they should have, but now, only some of them are showing any color, and the others barely have any at all! What could be causing this?

nmrsco

AC Members
Jan 6, 2007
rhode island
I don't know much about tetras, but probably the most likely reason for this is the water quality. Make sure the water conditions are right for the species you have.
-Nick

amosf

Border Collie Nut!
Nov 25, 2004
Australia Mate!
bcs4me.com
I have an old bloodfin left. Had him for years, and he is the last one of his group alive. He lost his colour a long time ago, but went on living very well. No problems with NH3 or NO2 in the tank over the years. But it is always high pH, so maybe that does it. Or maybe there is an additve they use to enhance the colour. They do fade quick once you get them.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
probably all the hormones they were pumped up with at the breeding farm wore off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store