Somw More B&W gems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Since I stopped working with the LF bristles, I have concentrated on the B&W Hypans and have tended to avoid kine bred fish. However, every "rule" was made to be broken. Since I do not believe that L236 will ever be identified as a true species and is a natural hybrid, I do not apply the same distinction to them as other species.

Sorry I am a better fish keeper than That said, enjoy.

superwhite4-6fish.jpg

superwhite5-2fish.jpg

Reactions: CichlidFins
Apr 2, 2002
New York
It seems there is always a story behind a lot of my fish. I purchased these fish last year and paid for them. The order was for 12 fish at 1.75 -2 inches and another 4 at 1.5 inches. I took possession of them in early January of this year. I no longer ship fish but I do still have them spawning. So I work with a gent who sells fish for a living, a lot of which which are rarer species. I traded him my breeding group of L450s for another of the larger size super white 236. So I have 13 now.

I have had them in a 33 long growing and this was my first check on them last week. I tried to get some decent pics. The bigger ones are over 2 inches and the smaller are at 1.75 or so. I did a rearrange of their tank and put in several more caves. I am hoping they might spawn by the end of the year.

Regular 236, and super white 236 by extension, tend to reach sexual maturity at a smaller size relative to adulthood than the other Hypans with which I have worked. They should be ready any time after they cross above 2.75 inches.

This is also the last "species" I will add. I am actually on a path towards just 1 tank in couple of years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store