Start to a African tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Been a while since I was into the hobby, but alas I am back. I have had my 75g set up for about 2 months now. Aiming for purely African cichlids.

Stock (so far): 3 Acei, 2 Electric Yellow Labs, 1 Yellow fin Borleyi, and one Auratus. Everyone gets along well. I'd like to add about 10+ more, but here's so far:

Just scored this from a friend and am currently brainstorming ideas: 55g bowfront corner.

Idea's are appreciated! Leaning toward planted atm.

Cheers

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tanks!

5dollarsplash

AC Members
Oct 13, 2012
I like heavily planted corner tanks. I think they look fantastic, the plants grow out of the corner and aren't in the swimming area as much as rectangle tanks. If I had that set up, I'd look to put in smaller active guys as opposed to a centerpiece fish. Almost like the plants are the heart of it, with the smaller fish buzzing around. Just my .02

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
That's been part of my thoughts as well. I just got a 3d background for the 75. Probably gonna move the cichlids into the 55 til i get aragonite sand in and the background siliconed on. Also going to be building a canopy for it and staining the stand and canopy darker. Move the cichids back into the 75 and maybe I'll start the planted tank.

SuperFishTanker

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
Beautiful cichlid tank. A planted corner tank is a great idea, fancy guppies look nice swimming around in them as well. The lack of surface area does limit the selection of fish but nonetheless there are a lot of colorful little guys. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Sent from my MB855 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store