startup successful

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fresh_fish

AC Members
Jul 11, 2008
after cycling with ammonia for a few weeks my nitrites finally vanished last night so i did around a 75% WC to lower the nitrates. headed to Petco today and picked up 16 neon tetra and 10 black neons for $27. after acclimation they went from skittish in the bags to scoping out their new digs and finding their favorite spots in the tank.

tomorrow i have another asst of plants coming in the mail and i am going to head to a few nicer LFS looking for a shoal of 6 or 8 cories or loaches and maybe a compatible gourami pair. any additions after that will be gradual and quarantined. i have not had a tank in about 10 years and its nice to be back :)

here are the neons...

my camera skills are always 'in progress' :). any links to aquarium photo advice are welcome. that should be a sticky in the photo thread, imo.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
nice neons

fresh_fish

AC Members
Jul 11, 2008
here is a pic of the whole tank

the plants are spread all over the place until i know what and how well everything is going to grow. no luck with getting any more fish today.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks great! What kind of gouramis? Pearls are my favorite, beautiful & peaceful. Do you quarrantine new fish?

Most loaches do better in an established tank. What kind are you thinking of getting?

fresh_fish

AC Members
Jul 11, 2008
That looks great! What kind of gouramis? Pearls are my favorite, beautiful & peaceful. Do you quarrantine new fish?

Most loaches do better in an established tank. What kind are you thinking of getting?
thanks, i prefer Opaline, Blue and Dwarf Gouramis but have not decided on which. no quarantine tank for the initial fish but i will set one up in the future.

ideally Loaches that eat pond snails and eggs and do not get too big. i like Dwarf Chains but they are pricey and more difficult to find.

the black neons...

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store