Stealth Pro Recall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Marineland has Exceptional Customer Service.

I am running 6 Stealth pro, and 5 stealths, as well as 3 visitherms... The only issue I have had with them is that the pro's arent as accurate as the old stealths were.

no matter though. Marineland stands behind their products, and if you call them you will agree.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I have 14 tanks running and most have older stealth heaters. I do have 3 of the newer pro models, 1 in the 125 with some Mopani wood soaking out the tannins (nothing live) and 1 still new/unused in the package I just bought on e-bay a week ago. I'm wondering what Marineland plans to replace them with. Do they expect us to pay for the replacements when taking them to the store, or are they covering the cost of the new heater regardless of who manufactured it?

igotafishtank

AC Members
Jan 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I am way confused and concerned...

I just picked up two Stealth Pro heaters, both were the 200w model. They've been installed and running for about 2 weeks.

However, I can't seem to find any information on the recall other than threads like this one on various forums with all info seemingly coming from an email from PetSmart.

I have been to the Marineland website and they have no mention of it. I would call them, but it is Sunday, I am sure nobody would answer.

Further info would be greatly appreciated.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
Yeah I just threw away 2 about a month ago because the sides of the heaters blew out at the seams and were corroding in my tank by the time I realized in when my tank water was cold. Figures now they'd recall them.wish I saved the stupid things.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
My guess is that you would have to have provided an email address when signing up for your Pet Perks card to receive the email from Petsmart. It's the only way they'd be able to track who bought Stealth Pro heaters, and how to contact them about the issue.

If you didn't receive the email, because you bought the heater elsewhere or PS doesn't have your email on file, I'd try calling one of the 800 numbers provided in the email quote in the first post of this thread to find out how Marineland is handling the recall directly.

GCL

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Western Ct.
oo7genie is correct. I called Petsmart and they told me that they contacted people that purchased the heaters from them by tracing their Pet Perks card information from purchases.

I looked at Marineland's website and the only heater they show in their product line right now are the glass Visi Therm ones. No more Pros are shown.

Plague

O.o
Aug 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
I figure I'll call petsmart after class today and see if I can exchange my heater even though it was a starter kit. Would be cool to go back to petsmart to look at their stuff ^.^ having efficient tanks means I never go back to the shop. It's like a field trip for me!

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
oo7genie is correct. I called Petsmart and they told me that they contacted people that purchased the heaters from them by tracing their Pet Perks card information from purchases.

I looked at Marineland's website and the only heater they show in their product line right now are the glass Visi Therm ones. No more Pros are shown.

Wow...
the day this thread was posted, i looked at marineland's website,and the stealth pro was still up. they must have just taken it off...
Maybe there is more to this...

Plague

O.o
Aug 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
I called my petsmart. You know my area has almost no fish keepers. Yet they are out of heaters to exchange for the recall? The manager at the nearest petsmart is calling her supervisor to see how to exchange mine since I bought it in a starter kit o_O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store