Stock my nano tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
1st off you are missing out on a large group of people by not having a FW Nano section.

———————-86FD4C6D-D77D-44D0-A86B-7EB521E3F926.jpeg
Suggestions wanted for stocking.

Tank is cycling. 15 gallon cube. It’s a flex and I removed the filter compartment.

I was going to do Pom Pom crabs but either the lifespan is to short or they don’t really like freshwater and would probably do better in brackish, which I’m considering doing.

I’ve also considered going brackish but taking out half the water for a fiddler or some type of crab. I don’t think there are any true FW crabs. But concerned that 5- 7 gallons of water won’t be enough.

So I’m looking for more stocking ideas.

This is as planted as it will get. Red floaters on top. I will keep the lobelia cardinalis bushy, a small variety crypt in the back,that may or may not stay, and the rest are Bucephalandra that should spread and thicken.

Considering 2-3 CPO crays as clean up crew.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, Ice, I like your tank! Instead of CPOs, I'm going to suggest neocardina shrimp. Maybe blue or yellow?

Then maybe some tiny rasboras, chilis are pretty. Or CPDs (celestial pearl danios, now something else). Green neons? Just some thoughts...

I've forgotten all stone names...are those dragonstones or what?

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Clown killifish would look fantastic in there and are very beautiful fish

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Well, Ice, I like your tank! Instead of CPOs, I'm going to suggest neocardina shrimp. Maybe blue or yellow?

Then maybe some tiny rasboras, chilis are pretty. Or CPDs (celestial pearl danios, now something else). Green neons? Just some thoughts...

I've forgotten all stone names...are those dragonstones or what?
I have neos in 2 other tanks. Want something different.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cute! Are they easy to breed?
My only crayfish try was a "wild" 2 inch 1 from a creek near us, many years ago. It gathered up gravel to make a cave & tried to "pinch" fish as they swam by. We (not knowing any better back then) returned him to the creek after a few weeks.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
15C03AC8-9AF7-49DD-9AD2-D339765A30BA.jpeg

well that changed. Added 6 white cloud minnows today. They should stay in an area that keeps them safe from the CPOs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store