Stocking 60 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Achoo

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2002
USA
For a 60 gallon long how does this sound:

2 Angelfish
2 Clown Loaches
1 - 2 Zebra Plecos
2 Rams
Gold Nugget Pleco
2 Pearl Gouramis
10 Rummy-Nose Tetras
1 Green Severum

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
seems O.K. to me but I do have a couple possible points.

if the rams and angels are going to be mated pairs, I would use some caution, they can both make life somewhat miserable when spawning, maybe keep only the pair of rams for spawning? other than that, I beleive all fish share a common water type, neutral-lightly acidic. I'd add the rams after the tank had been set up for a long time because they are very sensitive to water parameters.

the clown loaches I'm not so sure about. I think a pack of corydoras would be more appropriate, or maybe some other loaches, but clowns eventually grow large and like to be in groups of 5 or more.

I know sevrums aren't that agressive, but I have no experience with them. maybe someone else will chime in about them.

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Add good filtration if you think your tank is overstocked. As a backup, I use a fluidized bed filter. And you can use a emperor 400. That way, its EASY to clean the pads every other day if needed. A canistor can take longer to clean and may cause you to clean it less. an emporor 400, you can remove the debris every other day if you choose.. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store