Stocking a 10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LaRues Lady

AC Members
Aug 8, 2007
Hey all! As some of you might know, I recently lost my Betta that I had had for 14 months. I've been thinking and I think I'm going to get more fish, although I don't think I can get another Betta right now (I don't think I could stand getting that attached again right now...).

So I was wondering what suggestions you guys have for a 10 gallon filtered, heated (if need be) tank. It's the same tank Magellan (the Betta) was in, but I've cleaned it thoroughly, gotten new gravel, changed the filter, and am currently cycling the fresh water right now. I'm looking for probably at least one, maybe two shoals of fish. Also, I have two Apple Snails that I had gotten for Magellan but he didn't like them (I thought he might like watching them), so they're in a separate tank. I could add them to the 10 gallon tank if they're compatible with some of the fish that could go in the tank, or I can keep them where they are.

Any suggestions (stocking or otherwise) are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

dvd_wightman

AC Members
Dec 18, 2006
Springfield, New Jersey
I agree with Lupin on the male guppies. If you don't like guppies, you can have some platies. Platies are not very tight shoaling fish, but they coexist together very peacefully and have great color. Another option would be some neon or cardinal tetras. They are very colorful and good shoalers. Good luck with whatever you choose and I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I would be careful with tetras. They may not take to adjustments of water chemistry especially where calcium dosing for healthy shell growth is concerned. Apple snails need calcium to avoid shell erosions.

LaRues Lady

AC Members
Aug 8, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion so far...does anyone have any more? I just want to make sure I can explore all of my options!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store