Stocking help 110L/24 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amypoo89

AC Members
Jan 24, 2020
Wales, UK
Real Name
Amy
Hi guys!

So I have a 110L tank, not currently planted, but it will be.

I have a single dwarf gourami, around 10-12 panda corys (they were randy buggers, then I lost a few ?), 3 kuhli loaches, and once my LFS is fully operational again I'll up that to 6 or 7 kuhlis. And I have 3 remaining guppies, which once gone will not be replaced.

I'm wondering if there is a good small schooling fish that would be a great fit, that would be top to mid dwellers as the tank is 'bottom heavy'. I realise that the gouramis are semi aggressive, and so I would need a quick schooling fish without fin nipping tendencies.

I really like the cloud mountain minnows, but not sure they're a good idea or not.

Any advice greatly appreciated, as always ?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I'm going to need the dimensions of your tank to make good recommendations. I don't know "litre or liter" tanks much. You have a lot of bottom fish as you know & they're my favs! But it depends on tank footprint, & height. What temp are you keeping the tank? I'm a big rasbora fan harlequin or espei but I like whiteclouds & better Vietnamese whiteclouds. Several tetras may work too.

Tell us more & post up pics if you can. Do you have live plants?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep. Need to know the footprint of this tank. As is, you could be overstocked.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
the loach, I believe I asked that about Amy's tank temp. Dwarf gouramis & pangios (kuhli loaches) like slightly warmer water than most corys & whiteclouds. Tetras can go either way. A compromise temp. might be 74 or 75F, not ideal but workable in many ways.

Amypoo, we still need your tank's dimensions...Too high or low temps can effect fish longevity...but only a couple degrees off "ideal" isn't too awfully bad...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store