Stocking ideas for my 20l

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tropical94

AC Members
Jan 5, 2008
Well since im down to 1 tiger barb it would be easy to change the stocking a bit.

I was thinking, 6 tiger barbs, 1 bristle nose pleco, 4-5 serpea (sp?) tetras, and MAYBE 3 cory cats, OR 5-7 ghost shrimp. that would be the limit, but would the tetras and tiger barbs get along?

What would you stock it with?? i want a nice active tank, or a fish that is funny and has some personality.

BubbleBack_Ek9_

Shrimp Breeder
Jan 14, 2008
I like Bamboo shrimp are better then ghost shrimp in my opinion...

deadxero

AC Members
Feb 18, 2005
I wouldn't recommend Tiger Barbs in a 20. Yes, they will survive... but they are VERY active swimmers. I used to keep a good sized group a 55 and they constantly used all of the space available to them.

RoseFishWatcher

AC Members
Oct 31, 2006
Colorado
I wouldn't put bamboo shrimp with tiger barbs or anything 'nippy'. Those shrimp are defenseless. I would suggest cherry shrimp - more colorful than ghosts and they breed if given somewhere to hide.

tropical94

AC Members
Jan 5, 2008
So what would you all add?

I was thinking a combo of 3-4 serpae's, my 2 black skirt's, 3-4 kuhlie loaches, and a few cory cat's. I might cut one of those fish out, and add a pair of rams, or keyholes. Would those be fine?

As far as a shell dweller tank, what would be the most i could possibly have? 5?

tropical94

AC Members
Jan 5, 2008
5-7 serae tetras
2 bolivian rams
1 honey gourami
3-4 kuhli loaches

I like that list.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store