Stocking Suggestions for 55 Gallon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-_SassyCichlid_-

AC Members
May 16, 2019
Hello! I’m new here, but not necessarily new to the hobby. I have quite a few tanks already set up, but I am learning new things every day.

With that said, I’m wanting to set up a 55 gallon tank (long) soon, but I am having troubles deciding what I want to do. I know it will be heavily planted, kind of like a jungle, and I want some bottom-dwellers, some type of smaller, colorful fish for the top, and some type of centerpiece fish for the middle.

I was thinking of male guppies to get that ‘paradise bird’ look, and maybe bronze corydoras for the bottom, and pearl gouramis for the centerpiece. Would this be alright, or do you suggest something else?

Thanks for reading and helping me out!

Robbo466

Registered Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello! I’m new here, but not necessarily new to the hobby. I have quite a few tanks already set up, but I am learning new things every day.

With that said, I’m wanting to set up a 55 gallon tank (long) soon, but I am having troubles deciding what I want to do. I know it will be heavily planted, kind of like a jungle, and I want some bottom-dwellers, some type of smaller, colorful fish for the top, and some type of centerpiece fish for the middle.

I was thinking of male guppies to get that ‘paradise bird’ look, and maybe bronze corydoras for the bottom, and pearl gouramis for the centerpiece. Would this be alright, or do you suggest something else?

Thanks for reading and helping me out!
You could try getting a loach aswell there rly pretty I love the yoyo loach

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
That would just work fine ! With a 55 gal you have lots of options... just don't get any subtropical/temperate fish or fish that get too big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store