Stocking suggestions for a 40-Long

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neptunius

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Boston, MA
I've written before about my 40 long. Recently I moved my school of black phantoms and one of the schools of Corys to a 20 long. So in the 40 long I now have 6 Golden Barbs, 6 Red Phantom Tetras, 4 Bronze Corys and a Bristle-nose Pleco. The tank is lightly planted with Java Fern and dwarf hairgrass (which has grown far higher than expected!!) I'd like to increase the school of Red Phantoms but they're very hard to come by. Therefore I was wondering what suggestions ya'll have for what else I could add? I had a Bolivian Ram, which died a few months ago so I was thinking of going that route, but I'm also open to other suggestions

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I think your old stocking was good, why the change? To help us better understand what you didn't like about it and what you might like now.

Neptunius

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Boston, MA
I think your old stocking was good, why the change? To help us better understand what you didn't like about it and what you might like now.
There was nothing "wrong" with it. Rather it was a matter of giving in to MTS, and then using the opportunity to build up two new community tanks.

jeman

AC Members
Feb 14, 2016
Sounds like your tanks are healthy - do you have a quarantine tank running before adding any additions ... hate to see your established fish acquire any new diseases .I would rather up the established school to at least 6-7; their schooling instincts will become more evident and cool to watch. . Same goes for the cories, If you wanted, the bleeding heart tetras would be a nice and compatable addition ( preferably schools > 5) . Goodluck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store