Stocking suggestions please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
I have a 36 bf atm I'm starting fowlr but once I get a skimmer and new light I'll be adding corals. The only thing I know I want is a clown of course lol. I'm guessing I'll be able to handle maybe 6 fish in this tank so I would like something colorful and unique please post a pic with your suggestions.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
6 fishes would be OK in a FOWLR, but once you add coral, then IMO, you can only have 2 or 3 fishes.

And what kind of coral?? Inverts?? And what kind of clown?? A maroon would change everything.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You can keep 6 fish if you skim the tank well, run media, and don't slack on water changes.

small clowns (no maroons, etc.)
royal grama or black cap basslet (The more unique and $ being the latter)
Swiss guard basslet, etc.
yellow assessor

I would do a tank with a small harem of firefish or grammas and several small (yasha, rose gobie, etc.) watchmen gobies + redstripe pistol shrimps.

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
And don't forget to get a lawnmower blenny!! Here's a pic of my Ribbit! I love him so much! :D

Ribbit.jpg

Ribbit.jpg

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I don't know about getting a lawnmower blenny. You must find one that eats something besides algae, if not it will starve. He will get skinnier, and skinnier, then die.

Kelly: Your lawnmower blenny looks a little skinny too. :(

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
That's when I first got him and Yeah, we did go through a rollercoaster with him. I think he's eating pellets now cuz he's starting to fatten up. I'm told they will eat anything and was told to just wait him out. It worked. (with lots of love and prayer too! ;)) My understanding, though, from surfing the web and the forums was that it was atypical behavior for a lawnmower.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Kelly: You right, hit or miss with them. Some never start eatting. I am glad your LM Blenny is eatting well. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store