Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BryceMan

AC Members
Jan 8, 2006
Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Hey all,

I've got an 18 gallon hex tank, planted (Aponogeton?), filtered, heated, lighted, CO2, and sand for the substrate.

I was thinking of getting some Koi angels for the main show fish (2-3), and some neon tetras for the background fish (6-8). Would these work?

Theres also one mystery plant that came in the pack of bulbs from wal-mart, I'll try to get some pics up later.

Thanks

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
18G is too small for Angels IMO.

lilim10

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
June
:iagree:a 18 gallon is too small for even one angel. I would say a 30 gallon is probably the minimum for angels, if I'm wrong, somebody correct me. Also, neons with angels will get eaten. I would go with a community of neons and maybe some cories for the bottom. For the main fish, maybe a ram? (or two, but I doubt your going to be able to add more than that).

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
A DG would work, but they are prone to problems because of how they are raised, hormones, etc. 99+% of the DGs available are male and they do not get along. A pair of Rams or Apistos might work for you if you have a well cycled tank and good maintenance regimen.

BryceMan

AC Members
Jan 8, 2006
Yorkton, Saskatchewan
So what would be some colourful, peaceful and relativly hardy fish I could stock with? open to all suggestions

p.s. I already have Rosy barbs and zebra danios (in different tanks)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
The idea of Rams is nice as is a pair of Apistos. Kibs also could be an option. Harley for the top maybe?

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
I'm pretty sure that all dwarf cichlids require at least 20g. If this was my tank, I'd go with a dwarf gourami, a small school of tetras and some small cories.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store