Stockings 35 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manoj9999

Registered Member
Nov 2, 2019
I had imported tank of 128ltr
31L×14b×24h
I am planning to make it planted aquarium so which fish would be best to stock up as i need to make a community tank.
Any suggestions.
Thank you!!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That has a pretty good "footprint" but I'd go with several small fish of, say, 2 species & maybe a slightly larger fish. I like dwarf corys (10 or 12) or kuhli loaches (8) for the bottom &/or even cherry or other neocaridina shrimp (start with 10, they'll breed). Small rasboras or small tetras & maybe a male or pair (M & F) of honey gouramis or a betta. None of those will bother your plants but you might get the plants well rooted before adding bottom fish. Their cute activity is worth waiting for. Shrimp are surprisingly interesting if you haven't kept them...as long as you don't mind a few tiny shrimplets getting eaten. If you go with shrimp, a bottom fish group & small schooling fish you may want to skip the gourami. I like to understock & have more of each species rather than too many different species...to me that looks better & you get to see group behaviors & interactions...& leaves lots of room for plants, always good ;)

What fish are you interested in? You could go "purist" & keep either SA or Asian fish, or mix it up.

Manoj9999

Registered Member
Nov 2, 2019
First of thanks alot for replying!!
U have nice idea I will consider it?
Even I thought abt this
1 male dwarf gourami
2 female dwarf gourami
4 panda corydoras
16-20 mix of tetras and rasboras

Is this nice should I add something or remove??
Thank you!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, you may be lucky to find female dwarf gouramis these days…be careful they are female. & I would get 8-10 corys of any of the same species (pandas are cute!), they're more fun & happier in a larger group, get more than 4, 6 is a minimum, get 8.

Your 16-20 mixed tetras & rasboras seems like a lot...especially if you go with 2 or 3 gouramis. I'd say go with 1 species of either 10-12 rasboras OR tetras OR skip the gouramis. Keep in mind lfs fish are often juvenile. & also, it seems the last several years dwarf gouramis are not as healthy as 1 would like. They are prone to an untreatable virus. That's part of why I suggested honey gouramis, but they can get the irridovirus (?sp?) too.

You seem to have a fairly good grip on this stocking thing but, like many, want more fish than optimal for a happy tank. Think hard...you can always add fish eventually...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store