Storing fundulopanchax nigerianus eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
Its still kinda cold yet today its -4C not sure shipping eggs now is a good idea unless heat packs are used. I could ship some in a month or so

or i can link you to a seller where i got most mine from. Message me don't use this thread

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Do you think I can store them in a glass jar for a few weeks? I have quite a few mason jars I can use.
Yes, if you use peat. I've kept extra eggs in a rubbermaid food container with peat and they hatched out fine. Just make sure to loosen the peat once in awhile.

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
Be sure to use 100% natural peat with no additives and not peat moss the peat needs to be nice and moist and not wet , I never used mason jars but cant see why it wont work , I use zip lock bags to save space. Make sure the peat is free of sticks and other bits i use a colander to sift the peat makes it easy to hatch them out when there no sticks and junk floating around.

I also put 2-3 Cherry shrimp in the hatching container to keep fungus from growing/spreading and stimulate the eggs for hatching

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store