Strange bubbles in my 30gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

online2

AC Members
May 15, 2002
Louisville, Ky
home.insightbb.com
Saturday I did 10gal water change, added 3 upside down cats from 5 week quatatine, added 2 pieces of red slant rock (LFS brought). Now started notice around the top rim bubbles,they are not going away, could be something off the slant rock? Didnt do anything different during the water change. Should I do another water change? And slant rock was rinse in old tank water.

Water spec as of sat.

ammon. =0
Nitrite =0
Nitrate less than 20ppm
ph = 7.6

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
How long has it been since the water change? It could be just the oxygen, nitrogen, CO2 etc. off gassing. If that is all it is, it is harmless.

online2

AC Members
May 15, 2002
Louisville, Ky
home.insightbb.com
NJ Devils Fan: Fill to same place as always which is to point that the water exiting the hob is below the water level.

Matak: Change water every 2 weeks.

I never had bubble like this, they remind me of soap bubblems:confused: Little bubble sticking together, they dont seem to be popin.

I'm at lost, water look cystal clear fish seem fine, might take a cup and try to scoop the bubbles out.

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
When my water gets fairly dirty, like when I neglect to do water changes, I sometimes get bubbles, which I believe are just proteins and other compounds. It could just be higher nitrate levels, though the rocks off-gassing is a definate possibility.

JP457

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Visit site
Did you dechlorinate? It could be the chlorine leaving the water. Whenever Iset up a tank and let the water sit at first, bubbles always apear. It could also be other gasses. The solubility of gasses decreases as the temperature of the solvent (the water) increases. the water you added was probably fairly cold and when it increased in temperature disolved gasses probably began leaving, thus the bubbles.

online2

AC Members
May 15, 2002
Louisville, Ky
home.insightbb.com
JP457: I always temperature match and use Kordon AmQuel
to treat the new water.

Odd thing is the bubbles dont seem pop and go away. I used corner of a non-ink papertowel got most of the bubbles out( kinda soak them up). Been almost a week, fish seem ok, though the corys are little jumper than normal. I'm going to do 10 gal water change tonight and retest the water. I guess as long as the fish are not showing signs of stressing, it hopefully non harmful.

Thanks everyone the input.
Online2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store