Stupid powerhead question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
I just got a new powerhead. The girl at the store didn't know the price and just said 19.99$ so i am happy. But i have one question. Can the powerhead be completly submersed? Like the cord that is coming out of it can that be in the water? Cause i am pretty sure that the plungers are bound to come loose and ita ganna fall in. The one at the LFS was in the water just wondering?

Thanx:cool:

aquaman67

AC Members
Sep 29, 2000
Erin, TN
Yes, you can put it completely underwater, cord and all. The suction cups should hold, just make sure the tank is clean where you stick it. You may also want to look into getting a GFI (Ground Fault Interrupt) outlet or power strip. It cuts the power off very quickly if there is a problem. Like the ones in newer bathrooms. Salt water is a great conductor of electricity. A GFI could save your life!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
You should make a a drop loop like it says on filter directions. This just means that the cords comes out of the tank, then almost touches the floor, then goes up a few inches to the outlet. This is because if water leaks down the cors, it will go all the way tro the lowest part of the cord, but will not hit the outlet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store