Suggestions for Another Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SkiGal

AC Members
May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I have a 37 gallon tank which currently houses 2 bolivian rams, 1 clown pleco, and a red-tailed shark (it gets along with bolivians). These fish have been in the tank for about 3 months. Happy as pigs in mud.

I would like to add a top-dwelling fish but am undecided between a pearl gourami or an angelfish. Is it likely that 2 male pearls would fight? And would a betta get along with a pearl or an angelfish?

I had 8 glowlight danios at one point too but for some reason all but one died. So I do have one left that whizzes around the tank. He's getting fat and he seems content on his own. He swims to the bottom and harasses the shark. To be honest I wasn't too fond of them. I don't really care for small schooling fish and my bolivians are quite active and colorful without dither fish.

Thanks

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I would like to add a top-dwelling fish but am undecided between a pearl gourami or an angelfish. Is it likely that 2 male pearls would fight? And would a betta get along with a pearl or an angelfish?
Angelfish will tend to go in the middle of the tank more rather than in the upper strata. As for pearls, males might put but I have no experience with them whatsoever. I'd recommend getting a pair of pearls if you do want two of them. Also, if you are looking for some schooling fish for the top, I'd get Hatchetfish! They are awesome little fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store