Suggestions for tankmates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BucJason

I drink like a fish
Dec 30, 2006
Tampa , FL.
I'd get at least a couple Cory cats....they'll help clean your gravel and they're peaceful with all fish.

Other than that, I don't know it's really up to you and what you like personally. Just make sure they are compatible and you don't overstock.

How about a couple Long-fin Rosy Barbs...really pretty and peaceful unlike thier cousins the Tiger Barbs.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
4-6 cory for the bottom

Tinajo

AC Members
Sep 26, 2006
KY -Go Big Blue!
Long fin rosy barbs, are they difficult to find at a place like Petsmart? I've heard of and seen the 'regular' rosy barbs, but I haven't heard of the long fins.

Tinajo

AC Members
Sep 26, 2006
KY -Go Big Blue!
Other than that, I don't know it's really up to you and what you like personally. Just make sure they are compatible and you don't overstock.

How about a couple Long-fin Rosy Barbs...really pretty and peaceful unlike thier cousins the Tiger Barbs.
Well, that's the problem I have; I find so much conflicting info on what the petstore says is compatible vs. my fish species books vs. fellow forum members' experience.

Know what I mean? I don't have any particular fish in mind, but I'm not as crazy about cories as a lot of people are.

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
Serpaes are pretty nippy tetras, so I wouldn't put anything long finned in the tank with them. I would increase the school of Serpaes to 8 and add 6 Cories for the bottom.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i second that ^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store