Surprise Bristle nose pleco fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bluejd

AC Members
Nov 15, 2006
Hi, I noticed about a week or two ago that one of my bristle nose plecos was hanging out by 1 rock in the tank. Today while doing my water change, I lifted the rock to vac under it and there are about 10 or so fry under it. I gently placed the rock down and finished up. The tank is a 150 gallon stocked with...1 tiger Oscar, 1 red Oscar, 1 greeen terror, 1 gold severum, 4 silver dollars, and two bristle nose plecos and their fry. What should I do to help the survival of these little guys? I have never dealt with fry. I do have a 55 gallon with 2 silver dollars and 1 danio in it, if I need to move them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Lots of hiding places, make sure there's food for the fry. Or, move them--dad will guard until he decides they're big enough and keep them in the cave, and then they'll be all over and hard to chase down.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
From what I've seen, similar foods that the parents like. Algae wafers, veg, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store