syndosis petcora for a Ten gallon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DeanTheFish

AC Members
Mar 5, 2018
hello i have kept petcorla before but does anyone know if i can put them in a ten gallon if so how many
and if i cant keep those in a ten gallon is there any other syndosis i can keep in there and if i cant keep any syindois what types of fish do you recomend

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm going to guess you mean synodontis petricola & no, you can't keep them in a 10g. They like to be in a group of 6 or so, in at least a 3 ft breeder tank or 4 ft.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
As "Fishorama", they like to be in groups (at least 6 or so), and they grow to over 5" long too. So even one is too big for a 10gal tank.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Actual S. petricola are very rare in the hobby. Most in the hobby are "Dwarf Petricola" i.e. S. lucipinnis.

They are perfectly fine in a 10 gallon. That's the size tank I used to use to spawn them in. You can keep a group of 3-6 of them in a 10 gallon no problem.

Just be sure to provide plenty of caves and hiding places. Mine just scoot around the rock structures in and out of the light.

Andy

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Tanker, is it s. lucipinnis that's smaller? I don't remember anymore, but that's the 1 I want someday. So cute!
I think Narwhal72 is correct. Petricola are more rare and Lucipinis are more common. Not sure about how small they get though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store