Synodontis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

a7oneal

AC Members
Dec 27, 2004
Has anyone had issues with Synodontis cats not getting along? I've read that they are fine, and I've never had problems before (with upside-down cats, clown Synodontis, or polka dot Synodontis), but I want to be on the safe side should I come across other species.

I already have a full-grown (7-8'') S. ocellifer in a 55 gal with a couple of cichlids. I know these cats can get large, so I want to make sure they have enough space as well before I get another.

Mako

EET MOR KATFISH
Nov 19, 2001
Wake Forest, NC
Visit site
I had a synodontis eupterus that constantly squabbled with two plecos over a spot under the driftwood. Synos are very independant and variable in temperment (except upside downs, they're pretty peaceful and gregarious).

mokmu

AC Members
Jan 10, 2002
Singapore/Philippines
No problems yet. I've got a decorus in there with 2xocellifer, 2x featherfins, 3xmultipunks and 2x upside downs. The decorus wants his space and usually gets it. Other than that, no problems.

Regards,
Mike D.

Last edited:

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
I have three large syndontis and they get along with everyone else, however they chase each other. I think getting at least two or three of a kind is the way to go with these guys. I love watching them eat and squabble with one another. they ignore everyone else even my small Cardinal tetras...

As a note, I do have a very large piece of driftwood they can hide under too. I think this helps with the squabbling.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store