T5 lighting question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lionsfan09

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Im going to purchase a T5 light strip. My question is I have a 29 gallon the that came with the hood is 24 inches. Do I want a 24 inch strip or a 30 inch strip. 30 is the actually length of the tank. also i dont have C02 yet will this be too much light. I believe the T5 light strip is a dual light strip. Thanks for the input.

nzmolina

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
North Las Vegas
I have a 60 gallon that is empty at the moment, but I want to make into a planted tank, what do I need to make my own light hood without buying all the expensive lights that are sold? Were do I buy my parts?

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
meh, i'd probably give the tank wings, go with a 36" fixture, get the light spread i'm looking for and common bulbs. 3" on each side shouldn't be too bad. 30" is a pretty common length for tanks. i have no idea why nobody has jumped on a chance to market economy bulbs in that size. somebody's going to make a killing overnight soon...

LexiBadger

Registered Member
Oct 21, 2010
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Real Name
Lexi
Ah crap! I wish I saw this thread yesterday. I just ordered a 30" T5 HO light fixture for my 29g from Big Al's, that fishneedit.com site looks like a way better deal. :irked:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store