Take a look at my cold water octopus tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
wow. i really want to set up a saltwater tank now. And get an octopus. they're so cute haha

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
just stumbled on this thread, I must say that your tank is awesome. would love to see some updated pics

Chilly Willie

AC Members
May 19, 2009
San Diego, Ca, USA
This was my tank back in 2009. I had kids, bought a house, got a long commute, and when my last octopus died in 2012 I decided I didn't have time for the hobby anymore. It's not just reef keeping, because I need to collect all of my own animals, so it also involves scuba diving, boating, yada, yada.... I just didn't have time.
But now my kids are old enough to want to go diving with me, and to want to learn how to design and build things, and learn about biology, so I'm thinking about designing a building a larger cold water reef tank, with all the same animals shown above, but more space, more gorgonians, more anemones, an automatic feeding system, and a gyre system (like Steve Weast's 400 gallon system) for massive flow.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
^ Sounds cool! Thanks for following up on this. Almost 10yrs!

Robert6369

Registered Member
Apr 4, 2022
Hello Chilly Willie, just wanted to post that your cold water octopus tank is really cool. I had just watched the movie " My octopus teacher" and I marveled at the relationship between man and wild creature. It really was quite moving. And stumbling on your post I was really impressed with your careful attention to your hobby. We are all stewards to the natural world, and it is just refreshing to see that some people still take such care in this role, so thank you. Also I am interested to see if this hobby still continues in your life. Well thanks again for the awesome post and pics.
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store