tank and fish ratio

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
I have 10 G tank stocked with :

3 Shark Catfish (1*2" & 2*1")
2 Koi (2")
3 Tiger Barb
4 Moly
2 Rosy barb

I dont know but I really worried if my tank is too crowded or some thing, :confused: Please let me know what do you think.

Awating for yor reply..;)

Pootspete

AC Members
Jul 26, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
members.tripod.com
Hi Gaurang:

I was taught and inch per fish equals your tank size.

In my opinion, you may be a tad over stocked.

I would wait to see what others say and their suggestions.

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
Massively overstocked. Forget the inch per gallon rule; it totally depends on the fish size. Like a four inch Firemouth needs a lot more space than four 1" zebra danios, for example.

Koi should not be in a 10 gallon tank, period. Hie them to a pond, where they belong. All that will be achieved in a small tank is pollution and stunting.

Then get shut on the mollies, on account of having different water requirements to the rest of the fish. Then, you're about right.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I concur^...IMO the 3 tiger barbs and 2 rosy barbs are all that should be in that tank....heed everyone's advice here..otherwise you probably will have constant problems with that tank.

Twilight

AC Members
Sep 9, 2002
Born in the USA
Yes....you tank is over stocked. Get a bigger one. It'll be better and you'll love it. I watched in the local paper for a great fish tank deal. Got a tank, stand, filters, pumps, gravel, everything for a great price. I think that you need to judge it by what the fish will eventually grow to and how much swimming space they will need.

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
thankx you all guys for giving me a gr8 advice. I'll see to it that I'll resuce the stock or increase my tank size

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store