Tank Cleaners

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Partsman41953

AC Members
Sep 12, 2008
Hi all,

I have a 28 gallon bow front aquarium with live rock, 3" sand bed, orange mushroom coral, pulsing Xenia, and 2 clown fish. It is time again for me to add some more cleaners to the tank as the rocks look like they may have some algae on them, I am in the process of getting new lights which may be the problem as the coral in the tank is going fine, but just do not know what I should add to the tank. I do have a few snails left from the last time I added a cleanup crew. I also have a little bit of green hair algae in the tank but that is just on the power heads and on the sponge filter for my protein skimmer.

Please let me know what you would recommend. I spoke with the guys at Reef Cleaners and they gave me some suggestions but I would like to know if there is anything else I could add.

Thanks,

Glenn

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
If you're getting a few different types of algae, try to eliminate the cause first, old bulbs could be a cause, low flow, overfeeding, tap water.

Turbo snails do a good job on GHA, I'd probably only do 1 on a 28g though, lawnmower blenny's, nerites, chiton's, emerald crabs, and mollies will also eat it usually.

Reef Cleaners is good, any suggestions they make should be reliable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store