Tank full or not?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AcTwisted

AC Members
Jan 22, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I have your standard 125 gal rectangular tank. (72"x18"x18")

(2) 6.5" Bala Sharks
(3) 5.5" Bala Sharks
(1) 8" common pl*co

should I consider it fully stocked? Or do I have room to add?

I have enough "silver/metallic" color in my tank now, so I really don't want to add silver dollars or tinfoil barbs as tankmates.

Anything PEACEFUL with some color would be nice to offset these silver "torpedos" I have bolting back & forth. :D

Frank_Carr

AC Members
Jan 13, 2003
Atlanta, GA, USA
Visit site
Something different might be interesting....Baby Whale, Elephantnose, a larger loach (eg. weather or clown), an eel or ropefish.

A mid-sized gourami might do, although there might be a risk of fin nipping by the balas.

niner9

AC Members
Feb 2, 2002
nova scotia canada
Sounds like your tank is just screaming for a redtail black shark. They are super cool and a very pretty fish. The black and red would be a nice contrast to the silver. A few loaches of your choice would be cool too. I personally prefer yo-yos but they only get to about 4 inches so you might consider them a bit small, but you could throw 5 or 6 in there and they would keep you entertained all day. Mine are a riot. Just my 2 cents niner

Unome

Love to Ride Our H-D
Apr 23, 2002
Ellenwood, GA
Originally posted by O-man21
or maybe a couple raphiel(not spelled right ) cats
Thing with those Raphaels is if they have a place to hide, you'll never see them. :D

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
clown loache would be nice i used to have clowns in with my balas but they all died thanks to ich.

becareful if you do get clown because they are scaleless and are very sesseptible to ich, make sure you have supreme water at all times.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store