Tank size for a single Axolotls?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ShovelNinja

AC Members
Oct 13, 2020
For my school project we need to take care of fish but My group my not be able to have a heater so a thoight maybe a axolotl. We have a 20g tank would that work? and what kind of decoration would we need and would we need sand or would pebals type substrat work?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
But an axolotl isn't a fish? There are many small fish though that don't require a heater. Don't get an axolotl they get too big and might be difficult to rehome after the project. Instead look for white cloud minnows, rosy or golden barbs. Do not get goldfish they get too big for a tank. Best substrate is fine gravel ±2mm in size.

Reactions: Sprinkle

ShovelNinja

AC Members
Oct 13, 2020
But an axolotl isn't a fish? There are many small fish though that don't require a heater. Don't get an axolotl they get too big and might be difficult to rehome after the project. Instead look for white cloud minnows, rosy or golden barbs. Do not get goldfish they get too big for a tank. Best substrate is fine gravel ±2mm in size.
Im getting my own 55g tank for my house soon so I would move it into my own tank after school ends. I know its not a fish but I'm hoping he let us Take care of 1.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store