TANKED: My Tank From Hell tv show

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
I'm here watching the show and its clear to me that certain people SHOULD NOT HAVE FISH TANKS. One couple never bothered to vacuumtheirgravel, so the amount of crap that was under the gravel was gross. On top of that, another couple NEVER EVER BOTHERED TO DO WATER TESTS. From what I could make of it, is that they would just top off any water that evaporated. Not sure if they did water changes. The equipment from both couples, was ATROCIOUS in condition. Regular fish maintenance is not just testing, water changes and siphoning the gravel. At least twice a month, the equipment should be checked and kept clean. I love watching the show TANKED and I know many people don't like it because they don't do cycling. I'm sure they do, but it's edited out because it's a 1 hour show. one of the couples had their tank so flushed up against the wall, that the tank was not level and because of the heat and moisture from tank, it was causing the wall in back to rot and the stand also. The equipment from both tanks and stands were thrown away because of the condition they were in. Makes sense. There was no way of salvaging any of it. One of the guys from the fish import store had to show one couple how to do water tests. None of the couples were beginners in the hobby. One wife did not want to do water maintenance on the tank. Basically she wanted a tank that I assume didn't need care or very little of it. If there is a tank that can do its own maintenance, water changes, testing, feeding and keeping itself stable and super clean, I WANT TO KNOW. The last time I checked, fish, tanks and equipment need care.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've only caught bits and pieces of the show over the years, but I never once saw anything other than the design, build and installation of tanks. Nothing about the livestock, hardware or care.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
I've only caught bits and pieces of the show over the years, but I never once saw anything other than the design, build and installation of tanks. Nothing about the livestock, hardware or care

They do talk about the types of fish the people want in their tanks and a brief description on occasion of the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store