Tetra suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
Cardinal tetras do not have a long lifespan in nature; if you buy them large enough to avoid being eaten by mature angels, you are not going to have them around much longer than a year or so. Rummynose tetras, Garnet tetras (also known as Pretty Tetras), Emperor tetras, and Red and Black Phantom Tetras might be better sized/shaped for survival in your tank.

The idea of Harlequin Rasboras is also an excellent suggestion, however. From the standpoint of coloration as well as size and disposition.

Good luck.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
I would strongly recommend rummynose tetras. They are very active and have nice colors. I enjoy watching them swim side to side in the back of my tank. IT's funny to watch the long-fin danio try to get in with their crew. He sometimes acts like he is one of them because he is also a schooling fish and doesn't have any partners. The rummys kind of let him in to. They get along with all of the fish.

Mrditty

Abused husband, dad
My current schools are
30 Rummy noses
30 Glass blood fins
30 Cardinals
15 harlequin Rasboras
20 Red sapras
20 Danios
15 blank phantoms
Counts are estimated because I really have no idea and I aint counting

Some other odds and ends
Also I the tank are two breeding pairs of H Multisinosa
and two breeding pairs of Cichlasoma spilurum Never had a problem with predation
Out of all of these for pure schooling behavior I tend to favor the Blood fins and the rasboras.
The cardinals show little school behavior but tend to spread out in the plants.
For pure beauty I again like the Blood fins and will throw in the Cardinals and black phantoms
Hope that helped.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store