The AC hitchhiker ID thread (now thumbnailed)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blackwolfXKAV

Homo sapiens
Apr 20, 2006
New England Abroad.
That is a stomatella snail just like the post above. They move fast for snails huh?
Nope. With that iridescence and shell shape, it is an albalone. Reef safe. Stomatella have no shells.

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
i just found 2 of these guys in my tank, this is the best pic i could get

i'm guessing stomatella snail but they are quite orange... oh it has a huge mouth too
so i have 3 of these guys. and 2 that look similar but are brown and white. i assume they are all stomatellas? can anyone confirm?

marine_geek

AC Members
Jul 21, 2007
i noticed these (pods?) in my tank the other day they are about 1/4 inch in size the spec at the bottom is another critter that inhabits the glass but i cant get a decent pic of them. anything to worry about?

Sonicblast12

AC Members
Aug 9, 2006
After more than a year, my dead live rock that spent a week in newspaper beginning to show some life.

Noticed this a while back, but it's beginning to spread.

These began popping up as well.

So, what are these things?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
i noticed these (pods?) in my tank the other day they are about 1/4 inch in size the spec at the bottom is another critter that inhabits the glass but i cant get a decent pic of them. anything to worry about?
Flatworms...the clear ones like that are fine and will eventually go away when they don't have food.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Found this bivalve in the tank tonight, I actually saw the shell earlier in the sand nearby but thought it was empty and the goby had probably sifted it to the surface. But no, it was on the rock moving tonight. It is about an inch long and it seemed to be cleaning the rock much like a snail would.

The flashlight and camera aren't a good combo but here was the best I could do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store