The Beginning Of a Beautiful 10G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
besides ammonia I wouldn't say you'd need to test for much else, but, many people don't think the results from test strips are reliable and I'd have to say I agree. The liquid tests are much easier to read the results.
They worked fine with my freshwater setup before.

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
besides ammonia I wouldn't say you'd need to test for much else, but, many people don't think the results from test strips are reliable and I'd have to say I agree. The liquid tests are much easier to read the results.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I'm not saying they don't work or anything, just they lack the ammonia test, and they are difficult to read sometimes. If you don't have any problems with them though, go for it. I have gotten different tests from strips and liquid before though. Also another thing you may want to consider is the strips are a lot more expensive than liquid kits. You get like 20 tests to a bottle of strips and hundreds to a liquid kit.

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
I'm not saying they don't work or anything, just they lack the ammonia test, and they are difficult to read sometimes. If you don't have any problems with them though, go for it. I have gotten different tests from strips and liquid before though. Also another thing you may want to consider is the strips are a lot more expensive than liquid kits. You get like 20 tests to a bottle of strips and hundreds to a liquid kit.
this is trueeee. thanks when i run out ill go for liquid

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
yea cherrys and tigers are what i'm gonna do since i found a deal. when would it be ok to add them in?
for the shrimp, you always want to add them once the tank is completely stable. Shrimp are very sensitive to changes in water temp, and parms. Especially in a 10G, as it is small, and less stable than larger tanks. I would get some other fish before the shrimp(i would get the schoolers now, and add the dwarf gourami and shrimp later. And remember, just get about a few RCS as it is no fun just buying a ton, and not really watching them grow and get bigger.:)

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
my parameters are pretty stable as for temperature i still need a heater since i sleep with AC on. Average room temp during the day is 74.3

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
my parameters are pretty stable as for temperature i still need a heater since i sleep with AC on. Average room temp during the day is 74.3
I think then you could go ahead and add the shrimp, just get a heater. For tigers, they are more on the under 75F temps. I would just max the temp. at 76.

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
Why if i have my heater set at 75 my temperature is at 78? is it a defective heater? its suppose to shut off but the light keeps on. I have a digital thermometer how accurate are those? could that be my problem?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store