The Beginning Of a Beautiful 10G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011

heres a lil video of how it sits as of 6/13/11
-2 rasboras(how many can i keep in this soon to be heavily planted 10g?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
at least 6. You could probably get a max of 8 if u r getting other fish.

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
so 6-8 in this 10 with other fish? can someone answer my heater questions at the bottom of page 2 please!!!!!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
hmm, unfortunetly I cannot answer your question at the bottom of page 2 :( I suggest taking it back to ask.

anyway, from what I can make out you have 2 harlquin rasboras. First of all, nice choice! I would bump the numbers to 4 rather than 6 if I am honest. The shrimp would do well if you have a cave and planted adequetly. You could get away with a honey gourami, very small and pretty and much more healthier than the dwarf gourami :)

hope this helps!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Most heaters are calibrated to a +- 2 rating, when you set a temp its often not exact and needs a little messing around with, my guess is your heater is just a little off calibration and is heating a bit too much.

Drsexiestboy

AC Members
May 24, 2011
the heater was set at 72 and the temp was at 79 im pretty sure thats no good lol. anyway brought it back to the LFS and got a refund so i bought another one and its doing its job properly.

I ordered some plants and some tiger+cherry shrimps there suppose to be here thursday so can't wait for that :) next week im gonna go back to the LFS and see if they have some more rasboras. might do 5 rasabora and 1 centerpice fish? how does that sound?

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
the heater was set at 72 and the temp was at 79 im pretty sure thats no good lol. anyway brought it back to the LFS and got a refund so i bought another one and its doing its job properly.

I ordered some plants and some tiger+cherry shrimps there suppose to be here thursday so can't wait for that :) next week im gonna go back to the LFS and see if they have some more rasboras. might do 5 rasabora and 1 centerpice fish? how does that sound?
awesome! glad they gave you a refund :)

as for stocking, I'd go with 4-5 rasboras, the shrimp and as a centerpiece, a red robin or honey gourami would do that job nicely, they would also keep the shrimp under control I guess

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store