The betta fry don't seem interested in the food!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

asianleful

AC Members
Nov 30, 2010
Okay well it's been about 4 days, if the fry haven't been eating the egg yolk they would've been dead by now. I'm kind of happy that they are eating, just I'm not happy I can't see them eat it... Lol

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
are you doing daily water changes? when feeding egg, it can foul the water something awful if not cleaned up regularly.

asianleful

AC Members
Nov 30, 2010
I feed a tiny bit but how should I clean the tank? I don't want to suck up the fry and freak them out. I can't wait to see their color!:nilly:

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
use a piece of tubing and just be really careful when siphoning out the water. i'd suggest rubber banding some fabric fine mesh (maybe pantyhose?) to the end of the tubing in the tank to help with avoiding 'fry tube rides'.

JK_Fish

AC Members
Oct 2, 2010
Ga
IMO, it is easier to get a turkey baster and suck the crumbles from the bottom when they're still young. After sucking it out, gently pour the water into a clear cup/bowl and check for fry (and remove them) before dumping the water.

asianleful

AC Members
Nov 30, 2010
Okay well all my fry apparently died... I don't have the time to start another batch so... I'm going to have a sorority tank with some other community fish! I'll be making another thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store