The bring up a ph level...?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
telecubby said:
well figs being the highest food that raises ph aren't eaten by fish. The next highest way 7 this would raise the ph of the fish more than the water is spinnach. spinnach is normaly blanched in salt & useing baking soda instead wouldn't be that far off. as long as boiling baking soda for a few minutes doesn't deminish the baking sodas ph raising propertys , baking soda is sodium mostly & thats another form of salt ,maybe someone more helpful than RTR can add or throw out this theory. it works for people too
Do you honestly think that that would be the best way to raise the PH? Please answer that???

Lets say it did work, why add the baking soda to the food when you could just simply add it to the tank,woudn't that be a lot easier? Plus you should consider that the change water's PH needs to be raised to match the tanks PH, would you suggest adding blanched spinnach to that as well?

I really hope you think about your answers before you type.

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
telecubby said:
if you have a url to a chart or graph or something it would be helpful. I don't have ciclids it was about general curiosity.We don't have the patiece to explain any further
Multiple personality disorder? Refering to one's self as "we" is a bad sign. :help: :confused:

Plus I have no idea what you are trying to say!

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
telecubby said:
ph works for people too & it's not a quick fix,it takes time & they even have pills to help do this but when you go & drink a pop you are putting yourself back 17 pills & you can only take 3 a day .you don't have to make it harder than it already is by insinuating things about me or suggesting I can't learn.It doesn't take much of that for people to just say oh fudge it.You can't just flush all your problems down the toilet
Wow that's OT, but out of curiosity, just what element of body pH would one be changing by these pills and diet? Stomach pH is solid around 1, blood pH is maintained at a fairly solid 7.4 - with the exception of acute (short term) changes - and is fairly well buffered to prevent acidosis (low pH) or alkilosis (high pH). It's been a while since my last physiology class, but I'm pretty sure that you die (or become very ill) if blood pH rises above 7.8. So I'm curious (as is my nature). Please provide a valid and respectable reference for this claim.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
If I were to pick who I was to take advice from, 100% of the time it would be Daveedka, Happy Chem and RTR, as opposed to the person who is debating them. Hope that helps.

That said...what is your ph? You can do more harm by trying to change it and having it unstable instead of keeping it the same. Fish can adjust, and if you're not trying to breed them they may well do fine in what you have. Do fish stores in your area carry cichlids and what are their water parameters?

BTW..that is a very handsome dog in your avatar!!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store