The CRS's New Edge!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Now that I have my 40B up and running I can focus more of my attention on my 6gal Edge. I've always had a shrimp tank, My first tank was a 20 gal long Red Cheey Shrimp tank, which was very easy to keep. Within a month of getting them, there were berried females. After keeping them for about two years, I have been researching Crystal Red Shrimp for months.

I have slowly made a list of materials and purchased them over time. After the price of a new LED edge went on sale to $116, I had to buy one. Next was aquasoil. Since the tsunami over in japan the shortage of aquasoil delayed the tank for some months. I finally found the whole system at one location, ADG. I bought a 2 liter bag of Power Sand Special-S, a 9 liter bag of Aquasoil Amazonia II, and a 9 liter bag of Aquasoil Amazonia II Powder for $130ish shipped to Alaska. I also bought 5mg each of ADA Clear Super, ADA Turmaline BC, ADA Bacter 100, ADA Penac P, and ADA Penac W.

Here's some progess :)

Planting Dwarf Hair Grass from Petsmart

This shows the 3 layered substrate.

FTS

here's another option

Happy Thanksgiving!

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
I bought a few guppies from black friday petsmart sale. Been doing water changes every 2 or 3 days til cycled.

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
I'm just curious, when you test the water with the 5ml test tubes. Do you look down through the tube or just eye it from the side?

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Do you mean to tell if its at the 5 ml mark? I mean I just look through the side and if its close I use it. If you want to be very precise you read the miniscus (sp). So look at the side and read the bottom of where the water forms a little semicircle for the reading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Assassynation

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
UPDATE: Still cycling. The 7.5 watt heater is keeping the tank at 75F.

I bought this from a LFS for $

FTS w/ H2O test

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store