The Grilled Cheese Phenomena

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
One of my favorite, simple delights...

Good fresh Italian bread, Velveeta cheese, real butter and just a touch of garlic:

The famous e-Bay grilled cheese:

Mine, I'm sure, tasted much better! I mean look how 'weak' the other one looks. That person couldn't even finish it...

Waffle House can't even come close to my creation! :D

( I foresee 'alien faces' in the near future... -- e-Bay? Hmmm.....)

Last edited:

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Your grilled cheese looks so much more edible. I would probably rather look for a face than eat that pathetic sandwich.

Actually i just had a nice grilled cheese today for lunch and it certainly looked better (I like mine with Kraft singles and Oregano, mmmmmm).

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
TKOS said:
Your grilled cheese looks so much more edible........ ...

Actually i just had a nice grilled cheese today for lunch and it certainly looked better (I like mine with Kraft singles and Oregano, mmmmmm).
Grilled cheeses - the simple pleasures!

I have to disagree about using Kraft; have you tried Velveeta? It really melts superbly.... And, has a 'rich, full cheezier' taste than Kraft (I have tried Kraft and other brands..).

The oregano sounds great!
I like to add fresh dill weed, but always add the spices sparingly, as you never want to overpower the cheese and butter flavors!

A nice variety is to slice (very thin) tomatoes and onions, and add them before the creation is ready to come off the skillet. Mmmmmmm....
:D

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
When I am feeling bold I also fry up some salami in the pan first and add it as well or bacon (and tomato). Mmmm.

My family has never bought velvita, in fact I don't ever remember seeing it in the grocery store. Hmmm, I remember commercials. Perhaps it is harder to find in Canada. The search will commence.

Dapple2

AC Members
Jul 3, 2003
Oregon
pictures.care2.com
None of the processed cheese food for me thank you! I make my grilled cheese with real cheese on good whole wheat bread (on of my favs being Western Hazelnut). I smooth a thin coat of butter on both sides and toss in on the skillet and the cheese melts great. Mmmmmmm....

Now I feel like making one lol. I'll have to try the garlic idea, that sounds nummy!

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Im all over the tomato and grilled onions on the grilled cheese, tastes so great. Being in college ive learned how to make some wicked good grilled cheese with my iron.

Indigo

weeeeee
Sep 20, 2004
BC, Canada
grilled cheese on winnipeg rye *drools* when I go home for Christmas I won't be eating anything but grilled cheese sandwiches - I can't wait!

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Monterey Jack fan here :dance

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
omg this thread is making me hungry! Most of my grilled cheese sandwiches are on plain wonder bread with kraft slices. My 'gourmet' grilled cheese sandwich is made with fresh scali bread, provolone cheese, some thin slices of tomatoes, and a dash of garlic salt and oregano!

~Tara

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I like the bacon suggestion!
So far, Velveeta has been the best cheese for me..

Teflon pans haven't worked as good as the old cast iron (heavy) pan.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store