the new viv's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
good to know. i orderd some parts and will see how thay work out. did you have any problems connecting them to the pump? i relised i ordered these but not thought to how thay would connect to every thing.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
got the 1/2" ones but thay look so big in the viv but i made it work with a but of plumber epoxy that is. here are some pictures on what i did

first i thought silicone would work well but it ended up being to messy and i was way to impatient.

so i pulled out the plumber epoxy and that was much easier to deal with.

and this is the current configuration i have it all in.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
right so been working on this tank off and on for the last few days , i got a two pecies of glass cut to fit the top f the tank (where the screens are because i've always had a problem with to much evaporation and not enough humidity in this tank. the thing is with both in i din't have anought air muvment so i'm going to try it with one fece of glass in and one not.

next i started planting some stuff from one of my aquariums and suff stuff i've had waiting to be put in this tank. up on the left is Eriocaulon cinereum have it there for time big and to see how big it ends up growing. down below on the ground i have some HC "Hemianthus Callitrichoides" and Peperomia angulata. then above that is an anubais that i got from work that was grown emersed so should do well in this tank. and finally to the right is UG "Utricularia Graminifolia" and a Selaginella sp. going to lett them grow in while i figure out what else to put in there plant suggestions welcome.

also i started using some aqua soil from a tank i'm going to be breaking down soon so will see how that works out.

finally here are both my tank side buy side

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store