The rebirth of a tank....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Here is my 125 gallon tall tank that is going to house my new incoming fry. But first a little back story, the tank was setup as a planted tank. I had the tank go belly up after a brand new 20lb CO2 tank emptied into the tank over night and killed everything in the tank, except 7 Cory Cats and one tetra(which have all been moved to other tanks). So I have done away with the plants and have decided to go with fronts. I am very excited to get the fry and give them a great new home.

The tank before the belly up.

After the CO2 Dump

So tonight, I start the breakdown of the old tank, and the birth of the new one.

First I started with replacing the lights. I went with 2 50/50 lights and 2 Deep Blue.
Lights off, off the tank

Lights On, off the tank

Stay Tuned for more updates.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Awaiting the rebuild!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I would redo the Plant setup that was sweet..

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
Cool tank, shame about the CO2 dump.
I agree, I almost would say that I'd start over with the planted tank and try again but knowing me I know I'd just get an Oscar.

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
I loved the planted tank, but I had to many issues with it, I just don't have the time to maintain it. The tank is almost empty, gravel is going to be removed, and it will be ready for the new fry on Thursday.

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Turned on the wet/dry today to help with the cloudy water. Tonight I will level the sand out and put the rocks in the tank along with the PVC pipes for play toys.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool deal hope the water clears fast for you the last time i did sand i rushed things and it took about 2 weeks to clear up i was bummed..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store