this makes me sad

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
the rose hair tarantula ive had for 9 months now is sitting in his water dish curled up ( its dry i was going to refill it but noticed) hes alive but not moving much when ever i go to see if hes ok he will kick at me weakly and then go back to his curlled expression. is there anything i can do? i fear hes dieing.

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
no he eats like a pig. he eats 3 a day like clock work till yesterday.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Maybe it's about to molt.

lindsey crashed

fish nerd.
Oct 21, 2007
ATX
i would go ahead and refill his water dish if you haven't done so..
and i think seth might be right and he may be about to molt... but make sure he has water! and don't bother him. :)
3 meals a day is a lot for a tarantula.. they don't need to eat that much.. i feed mine one good sized insects a week.. a couple if they are still growing.

hope he's okay!! please let us know..

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
I also agree with refilling the water. Just make sure it's luke warm - room temperature. Sending you positive and well wishing vibes for both you and Seth. :)

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I also agree with refilling the water. Just make sure it's luke warm - room temperature. Sending you positive and well wishing vibes for both you and Seth. :)
Lol, Lindsey was referring to my answer. I'm Seth, not the tarantula. ;) But if the OP wants to name the spider after me that's fine too. :D

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
no hes is/ was.... affectionately named creeper because he is on of the most facinating and skin crawling things i own.

jimi

oddball king
Jan 20, 2009
im trying not to get my hopes up because i dont know, but in case, how long could i take to molt? what would be a sign of such?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store