Tiger Barb with damaged mouth

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamesBenjamin

Hopeless Romantic
Nov 7, 2002
NoVA
www.thejoyofliving.net
Tiger Barb with damaged mouth?

I have a bunch of tiger barbs in a tank, and one of them (the largest) seems to have two swollen parts on the sides of the upper half of his mouth. He's been like this for a day or 2, and doesn't eat anymore. All the other tigers in the tank are fine, it's almost as if he was slamming into something, or one of the other fish was attacking him, but only on his mouth. But, he's the largest, so I wouldn't think that would be the case.

anybody ever have anything like this happen? I'll add a pic later tonight if you think it will help...

Number2

AC Members
Oct 31, 2002
Whistler, BC
Poor barb!

I did, but he ended up passing on. I had taking it down to him being a survivor in a batch of fish that was rife with disease. Not impressed since it was from the normally high quality Big Al's storefront in Richmond.

By the time I had detected it and was able to get medication it was irreversable. Poor Gork just gave up :(

Interested in hearing what others have to say. Hope you manage to cure it soon!

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
i would be thinking of fighting and aggression first off maybe, lip-locking between fish is pretty common......

the best suggestion tho would be to isolate the fish and treat with melafix and observe for further problems or worsening conditions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store