tinfoils regular, gold, albino question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
i HAD 3 in a 450gal tank that grew to between 8" -10" in 3 years! those fish are EXTREMELY active and used everybit of the space that my arowana would allow them. one eventually got eaten so i got rid of the other two, but they are now in a 180gal with 2 others that are even larger and the tank looks very crowded!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Actually. one of my dads tinfoils died because he/she choked on a corie. One of them died at 10 years by disease I think? Dont know... And the other is still alive at 15 years.

It took your tinfoils 3-4 years to get them to grow 8-10 inches? Mine are a year old and are that size now...

I think anyone interested in tinfoils and have a tank the size of 60 gallon or larger..is FINE. 60 galllons are wider then 55 gallons. AND they can turn around. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mattimeo

AC Members
Jan 6, 2000
Ontario, Canada
there you go. He's got 1 years worth experience. I've got 9 years experience under my belt and I do not consider myself anywhere near being an expert. I'm sure many other members have much more than me (eg. mojo). Every day, I learn something new, whether it be through someone else's experience of my own.

you also contradicted yourself. You said they completely ignore other fish in the tank, yet your dad's choked on a cory cat....

Just because 90% of people do it, does that make it right? If all of your friends killed people, does that make it right for you to do?

AND the moral of the story: Buy the fish that you want. Who cares what people think?
Is that the statement of a responsible fishkeeper?? No, in my opinion it's not. If you truly loved tinfoil barbs, you'd advise people to steer clear of them if they do not have the required tank space.

Last edited:

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Yep..its the truth....one is still alive at 15 years. Im not sure why he ate the cory... the cory was small perhaps...normally, tinfoils dont chase or pestor other fish except for very small fish. I have a few small fish left over from my first purchase and the albino TINFOILS ignore them...

Last edited:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Originally posted by Anton Wernher
So how are the tar heels going to do this year? :\
lol..they look pretty good so far:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com