Tiny red worms!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Terri Manning

AC Members
Feb 1, 2018
Without them, I may not have ever noticed the Camallanus worms. The parasites are thicker bodied than the ones that were in my baby snail tank. That still doesn’t help me know why the baby snails have been dying, though. I wish I knew why I am having so many problems! My water is basically good. They only thing I have had any trouble with is Nitrates. It had been around 40, but the last few weeks I have been able to keep it 20 or less. Hopefully, it will continue to drop. I am sure I will have some water issues after treating for the parasites, but will have to deal with that if it happens.

Terri Manning

AC Members
Feb 1, 2018
Well, I have lost multiple fish due to the Camallanus worms now. A couple more look pretty sickly, too. Everyone else seems to be doing well with the treatments so far. I will be glad when the levamisole gets here, however!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Levamisole can work, so can flubenadazole. Be careful to retreat in 10-14 days to kill any newly hatched eggs. I'm not sure how either drug effects inverts...

Terri Manning

AC Members
Feb 1, 2018
I got my levamisole and have treated my tank. Unfortunately, I have lost several fish. I hope this takes care of it and I do not lose any more!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store