Tire Track Eel For 140 Gallon 60x18x30

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tirethetiretrackeel

AC Members
Aug 3, 2022
Hi everyone, I am working on getting a 140 Gallon, 60x18x30 tank, and I would like to have a Tire Track Eel in it. I wish I could go wider, but will the Eel be happy since it is 5 feet long, and extra tall. Will the Eel use the extra height or not really. I am planning to get a tight lid, would a diet of bloodworms be good? What tankmated could I keep, I would prefer nothing to aggressive so no bigger Cichlids that are aggressive, but would a Blood Parrot work and a pair of German Blue Rams? Feel free to leave any other suggestions and thank you.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Tire track eels are much larger than most of us have tank space for. You might want to go to our AC sister site monsterfishkeepers for better opinions. Without having kept either of your suggested fish it "seems" possible to keep them together, but I'm just guessing since nobody else has answered you yet. Not sure rams are a good choice with fish that grow so much larger. I have kept rams but not those other big fish...

Tirethetiretrackeel

AC Members
Aug 3, 2022
Tire track eels are much larger than most of us have tank space for. You might want to go to our AC sister site monsterfishkeepers for better opinions. Without having kept either of your suggested fish it "seems" possible to keep them together, but I'm just guessing since nobody else has answered you yet. Not sure rams are a good choice with fish that grow so much larger. I have kept rams but not those other big fish...
So, should I do a fire Eel instead? I want an eel that will get in the 20" to 24" range, and I'll I'm familiar with that attain that size are Tires and Fires. I know some smaller ones that get like 12", but I want a little bigger than that.

Tirethetiretrackeel

AC Members
Aug 3, 2022
It says they both need a 4x2x2 120 gallon, so even though mines a little more narrow, would it still work since its 5 foot long? Also, which one's bigger different websites and people on monsterfishkeeping say the fire eel or the tire track eel get bigger?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store