Tomini Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
good to hear, just keep up with water changes, and i think that as long as its scaring, he should be just fine =)

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
Yea we always do our water changes, even though our nitrate is 0. The cheato works wonders!

Riverserver

i r 2pro4u
Apr 13, 2007
Is he feeding yet or just grazing? You might try some Vita Chem on his food to help speed things up.

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
He's watching the food, seems interested but unsure what it is. I've got some algae in there on a clip, no interest yet. He's done a lot of grazing though, considering we've had a small algae issue in the tank (including hair algae) so hopefully he can have some fun eating that. I plan to try to feed some mysis today, and maybe he will take interest in that.

Odd question though. I have 2 algae clips, one is green, the other is a clownfish. I used the clownfish one with my yellow tang (died a few months back), and when I bought new algae I got a 2nd green clip. The tang was terrified of it and wouldn't even go on the side of the tank with it. He refused to eat algae until I switched it back to the clownfish. Weird?

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
Yea towards clownfish. I hope this new one doesn't do that. Drove me nuts. If I moved anything he would cower in a corner for a week until he adjusted. What a weird fish.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I completely believe it. I use a clear clip but once tried romaine on it just to see if the yellow tang would eat it (wasn't planning on it being his regular food)...well he was terrified of it. He'd hide then come out flaring at it and rush back to hide. Lettuce is apparently far more intimidating than I ever realized.

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
Haha. Now that is great. He's eating mysis today, which is a good sign so far. Didn't get to feed them until just now, as I just got home from being out all morning. Everyone is doing good, and the spots are already looking better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store