tropical/coldwater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

corinna

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
rome,italy
anyone know of any fish or nems which i can use to brighten up my coldwater mediterranean tank. i have 8 anthias, plus chromis chromis which do very well in my tank(they were caught locally). my big problem is that med tanks are pretty rare even here in southern italy, nobody sells stock for them so i am limited to what i can catch or collect from the local fishermen. the more i check out all your tropical tanks the more envious i get!!the tank runs at a steady 60 degrees, its 340 gals so theres plenty of room for one or two nice specimens.other tank residents include actinia equina(dark red anemone) and several squat lobsters, the dwarf variety which are very peaceful and only reach 4 inches in length, gorgonias, euchinella and feather dusters,astrea ,blennies(3)and asteroides calycularis, and a big branching sponge which i think is an axinella

corinna

AC Members
Apr 15, 2008
rome,italy
thanks for that critter, the above fishes all live and breed quite happily here in the mediterranean, we also have parrotfish and triggers which have migrated up from the red sea via the suez canal, so theyre acclimated to our colder water.any more suggestions most welcome...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store